Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Welcome New Artist - Victoria Mackenzie!!

Victoria Mackenzie is our newest artist. Keep an eye on the website for exclusive releases and prducts by her.

Artist statement:"Art is my passion, and it never leaves me. I am self taught, working mainly in watercolor but also enjoy pastel and pencil. I work from my own photography, capturing ordinary people, enjoying and surviving the challenges of life and sharing that moment in time with my audience.

My goal is to show the sparkle of life, the humanity, and the individual beauty of each face I portray. For me it defies the stereotypes and preconceived notions of who people are and what they are about.

We are all connected and the diversity just makes it all a little more fun and colorful. Enjoy

As a long time resident of Seattle, WA area I got my start at the Burnley School of Professional Art in Seattle, after which, began working as a technical illustrator and model builder. I then became drawn to fine art and have been accepted by and exhibited in many juried show around the Northwest including: National Western Art Show and Auction, Ellensburg, WA, Annual Northwest Invitational Painters Show, Gallery Mack, Seattle, WA. Annual Exhibition of Northwest Watercolor, Bellevue Art Museum, Pacific Northwest Arts and Crafts Fair, Bellevue, WA. Traveling Show to Federation of Canadian Arts Gallery, Vancouver, BC.

I have recently moved to San Antonio, Texas, after an 19 month adventure in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico."


Here are some of her pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment